The MAST Lab owns a large number of sensors available for use in experiments, including (see Instrumentation Inventory for detailed listing):
- Linear Variable Differential Transformers (LVDTs) & Conditioners, String Potentiometers, and Tiltmeters.
- Nikon Dynamic Measurement Machine (camera, space-probe, leds).
- High capacity clevis-style loadcells - 4 x 600,000-lb and 2 x 1,000,000-lb.
- Vishay Micro-Measurements 10-channel 2100 strain conditioner.
- Dual use interconnect-boxes and cabling for connecting instrument to daq.
- ± 15V excitation source at interconnect-boxes.
- 40-inch Trimos height gage for string pot and LVDT calibration.
- In-house developed calibration program to streamline the process of collecting and calculating calibration values.
- Decade resistor for strain channel verification.